Spinning wheel on a black screen

Reaction score
I switched from OS to boot camp (I have my MacBook partioned 60/40 OS and PC) and had a persistent spinning wheel on a black background. I could not force quit and eventually just hit the power button and then turned the computer back on and it rebooted into Microsoft 7. What happened and should I be concerned?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Boot up and hold the the option button and see if the Mac OS X partition stills exists, click on it to boot into Mac OS X. You can go into System Preferences > Startup Disk and ensure the Mac OS X parttion is highlighted.

If there is no Mac OS Partition, afraid you gave formatted in NTFS and done the Windows install over it. It is very easy to do and I did it on two seperate occasions before deciding I did not really have to suffer Windows. If this is the case you will have to boot into Recovery and dwnload a new operating system from the App Store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.