Deleting Print icon from menu bar in Word for Mac 2011

Reaction score
Hello Mac experts. Thanks for being here.

I'm using OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5. This is a question about altering the menu bar in Word for Mac 2011.

In the menu bar, the Save icon and the Print icon are next to each other. Both are square. Too many times I have clicked on the Print icon instead of the Save icon. I'd like to delete the Print icon from the menu bar. I have tried dragging it straight off the menu bar. I've also gone to Customize Toolbars & Menus and tried removing the Print command from there. Neither of these techniques worked.

BTW, I also tried separating the two icons by dragging them, but that didn't work either.

So, is there a way to get rid of an icon on the menu bar?

Thanks.
California Rose

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open Word, right click on an empty space above the toolbar. Select "Customize Menus and Toolbar". While the dialog is open, you can either drag the print icon off the menu bar or simply move it farther away from the save icon. Works for me that way. Also, I'm not sure how you can mistake the print icon from the save icon? The print icon is a small picture of a printer while the save icon is a small image of a floppy disk. Are you using an 11" MacBook Air where the screen and icons are very small?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.