New user accounts, parental controls but not able to access programs

Reaction score
I want to make a separate user account for each of my students. I used one computer as a guinea pig and am having an inordinate amount of grief. I activated the parental controls but am now getting unreasonable error messages. My computer is now telling me that I cannot access safari, even though when I looked in the apps section of parental controls, the box by Safari was checked (meaning to allow it). I cleared the cache and history in Safari, restarted the computer but still get the same message. How should I go about trouble shooting this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I set up a kids account and tried out parental controls. When I set up applications I limited applications then allowed Safari. I got the same message that safari was not allowed but when I clicked the always allow and put in my admin name and password it worked. I logged out and back in to test if it still worked and it did. I could use safari under my kids account.

Not a great fix but a potential work around. I don't get why that is necessary or what we are missing in the setup either.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.