FFTranscoderUNShareOperationFailedMovieTheater

Reaction score
The error-code in the subject field is what I´m getting when trying to share a film in iMovie 10.0.07

Anyone have any idea about this ?

Also getting error-code -50 when trying to share straight to a file

Reaction score
You should start by trashing these files if they appear .

com.apple.iMovie.plist
com.apple.iMovie3.plist
com.apple.iMovie7.plist
com.apple.iMovie8.plist
com.apple.iMovie9.plist
com.apple.iMovieApp.plist
com.apple.iApps.plist

To do this, Open Finder > Select Go to folder > enter in ~/library.
Now Go to “Preferences” and you will see them.
Move them to the trash, then try to export.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi

This is not helping me. Can not find those files. Could not follow your directions to get to them either, so I just used the search option on the Mac to search for them. Nothing.
I have no place on the Mac called Go to folder, no place called Preferences. And what does enter in/library means. What is that sign before the slash ?

Regards

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi

This is not helping me. Can not find those files. Could not follow your directions to get to them either, so I just used the search option on the Mac to search for them. Nothing.

Here's another way to get to the files "Rhanna Robyn" mentioned:

1. Go to the "Finder".
2. Double click on your computers hard drive/SSD icon on the desktop (hopefully you have this on your desktop).
3. Double click on the "Library" folder.
4. Double click on the "Preferences" folder.
5. Scan the list for the files mentioned.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
Sorry, no such place either.No library folder...

What´s going on here ? I would like to share a screenshot of what´s coming up when I double click, but can´t insert anything here either.

C

chas_m

If your computer doesn't have a Library folder at the root level, it's not a Mac.

Try again.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, no such place either.No library folder…

Like chas_m mentioned. If you don't have (or can't find) a "Library" folder on your computer via the steps I posted earlier. Either it's:

- not a Mac
- the computer is VERY messed up
- the Library folder is not where it should be
- or this is a VERY old Mac running a very old version of the Mac OS.

What´s going on here ? I would like to share a screenshot of what´s coming up when I double click, but can´t insert anything here either.

This is not a difficult procedure.:) Most likely you're not familiar with how to post a screen shot on an internet forum. To do it:

http://www.wikihow.com/Post-a-Screenshot-in-the-Forums

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The problem for the OP guys... is that those plist files are not in the System Library folder under Preferences which is visible, they're in the User Library folder which is hidden. That's why the OP can't find them or the Library folder. You need to show him how to unhide or "go to" his user Library folder. Then, he can delete those plist files.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks chscag. Anyone who can tell me how ?

And to the funny guys. It´s a Mac...

pigoo3..I know how to post a screenshot. The system wont let me.....I tried again now and I see that the screenshot is saved in png. Why is that ? I managed to save it as a pdf file.
Hope it will be seen here.Sorry,that was Selena Gomez. My daughter have borrowed my Mac obviously.

Tried again. It will not take pdf files either.

Selena+Gomez++the+Scene+Adidas+Photoshoot.png

Last edited:
M

MacInWin

The user library is, by default, hidden. Open finder, click on Go on the top menu. Now hold down the option key and Library will appear. Click on it an you'll be in a finder window in the user library. I found one of the files you are looking for in that folder, Containers/com.apple.iMovieApp/Data/Library/Preferences. Don't know where the others may be. You can use FindAnyFile or EasyFind to search for them.

OP
P
Reaction score
Trying to delete the image of Gomez, not possible....Well, the picture is not so bad
MacInWin: Thanks, but this does not help either. There is no Go option on my Mac. The language is Norwegian, but I suppose it doesn´t matter.
Don´t find a place with the Norwegian word for it.

Tried now to download FindAnyFile. This program does not find it either

Giving up...

Thanks anyway

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is no Go option on my Mac. The language is Norwegian, but I suppose it doesn´t matter.
Don´t find a place with the Norwegian word for it.

Not sure if this will help. But the "Go" drop down menu should be the 5th drop down menu to the right of the Apple drop down menu (not counting the Apple menu).

Just in case. Make 100% sure you are on the "Finder"/desktop level of things. Otherwise you won't get the correct drop down menu titles (click on the desktop area first).

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@paalholden:

Do this to make your user library folder appear: Open terminal, (Applications, Utilities, terminal.app) type the following in the terminal and then press enter:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Exit the terminal and now your library folder will be visible. Now go to Macintosh HD/Users/your user name/Library/Preferences/

And all those plist files should be there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.