Unresponsive Keyboard/Mouse in Windows 7

Reaction score
The laptop in question is a MacBook Pro Model A1278. Windows 7 is also installed on the laptop via Bootcamp.
The other day I loaded up W7 to remove a printer from Printer/Devices. Soon after removing the printer the machine
froze. I had to do a hard reboot by pressing down the power button which resulted in Windows 7 complaining about
not being shut down properly. Anyway I tried loading w7 in safe mode and still no luck. The mouse pointer is shown
dead center on the screen and unresponsive as well as the keyboard. On the flip side when the Mac OS is booted
up the keyboard and mouse works fine.

Any suggestions as to how I can remedy this problem?

BTW is it possible to recover the files in the Windows directories while logged into the Mac OS? If so then I could
just re-install Windows 7 if it comes to that?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you shut Windows 7 down by turning off the power it likely corrupted the boot sector which means you can't even boot in Safe Mode. Do a google search on "repairing Windows 7" and follow the MS instructions. You will need your original Windows 7 DVD to do the repair. If the repair doesn't work, you'll need to reinstall. If you can "see" the Windows files from OS X, then you can copy them to a separate hard drive or flash drive. However, they will be read only so you'll need to change permissions on all of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.