iphoto places quit working

Reaction score
I use Iphoto places on an Imac running OS 10.7.5 to keep track of photo locations in remote areas. Recently it quit working. The first time I turn on Iphoto the map with pins shows up for a fraction of a second so I can see the pins are still there but then I can't get the map image back. What changed?

C

chas_m

You're using an old version of iPhoto on an old version of OS X, so nothing has changed unless you've done something recently. Anything come to mind?

To test, I fired up my copy of iPhoto (the last release of that program) on El Capitan (yep!) and checked Places. It seems to be working just fine here. The fact that the map comes up fleetingly suggests to me that its not an issue in iPhoto and may possibly be something to do with Google Maps (which I believe iPhoto uses for map data) and the age of the OS you are using. Possibly. A wild guess.

Try opening iPhoto with the command and option keys held down and do the repairs (all of them) suggested by the repair dialog, then re-open iPhoto and see if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.