Vba

Reaction score
I have written extensively in macro 4.2 but now have to contemplate switching to vba.

I have a G5 running OS 10.5.8 and Excel 10.5.5.

Can anybody point me towards an easy-=in please?

All the searches I have made use words like "ribbon" and "developer" which I cannot invoke.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm assuming you're wanting to write macros using VBA? Since you're using a G5 and Leopard, the latest version of Office that you can run which accepts VBA is Office 2004. Office 2008 does not use macros. The ribbon was started with Office 2011 which you can not run. Try this site: Getting started with VBA for Office

OP
G
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're wanting to write macros using VBA? Since you're using a G5 and Leopard, the latest version of Office that you can run which accepts VBA is Office 2004. Office 2008 does not use macros. The ribbon was started with Office 2011 which you can not run. Try this site: Getting started with VBA for Office

Thank you for the steer.

At age 75, my enthusiasm for learning is not what it was! In my company, we have only recently discarded our last SE30. It was used to transfer data to and from our cnc machines - a job it performed adequately. Continually updating hardware and software I find irritating.

I like using my own generated software as it enable me to modify it to my own particular requirements.

My current ambition is to produce a package that will allow date entry for slick order taking and subsequently allow interrogation and manipulation in a fashion which may change with experience. I like Excel (despite its silly quirks) and would like to continue using it for data storage and manipulation.

Perhaps I can continue using macro 4.2 which I can generate on a G4 and run on the G5 and my laptop although I appreciate I cannot modify it in any other than the G4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Graham beng (only a little) older than you delighted to say learning enthusiasm is still first class. You guys really hold on to things SE30!

I just love updating hardware and software. A real challenge that keeps them 'old timers' problems at bay!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.