Time machine.

S

sllewk

Hi, I am running an Apple Mac Mini(late 2012 model) with Yosemite as my OS. I have lost control of my Time Machine, it is in Launchpad but it will not allow me to open it to switch it on. I have an external hard drive connected via a short USB lead ready to do a back up but I cannot open time machine. Can anyone help please? I am not a computer buff at all and at 81 years old a bit slow with things related to computers. Best regards from Keith in Derby UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hi Keith, and I hope I can help even though I don't use Yosemite, Launchpad nor Time Machine, but I'd start by quitting Launchpad, hit your esc keyboard key, then go to System Preferences under the Apple icon in the top left, and then open Time Machine to access what you might want to do with it and your external drive.

I hope that helps. ;)

Patrick
=====

OP
C

chas_m

What happens when you either invoke Time Machine from the menubar icon, or by going into System Preferences?

OP
S

sllewk

Hi pm-r and chas_m, Thank you for your replies. My son in law called yesterday evening and he managed to sort everything out for me. I am not a computer buff by any means. Keith in Derby England.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.