photo images

Reaction score
Hello
I don't do imaging much, well not at all really, but I've decided to do a web page for a Club
and would like to combine two photo's into one "area" and cut out any background the pictures have.
To be more exact I have two pictures of cars, which include backgrounds. I'd like to take the two picture
put them into one frame, off set to each other and not have any background.
Is there a program that can help me with this.
I followed some instructions on the net, but the person did not really explain how it worked and I am sure left
a few steps out...
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Two programs that are not expensive and will do what you're asking:

1. Pixelmator (Mac App store = $29.99)

2. Affinity Photo $49.99

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
I normally use Photoshop but I think other photo editing programs like Pixelmator work in similar ways. You need to carefully draw around the car with a selection tool. Reverse the selection so you are now selecting everything but the car and press delete. That should return everything other than the cars to the selected background colour. Something like a car has a reasonably sharp outline so its quite easy to select but it can be a good idea to put a slight blur around the edges. This can be done with the selection in Photoshop. Others may be the same.

To put them in one frame just make a new picture big enough for both cars and just select each car in turn and copy from the original picture and paste to the new.

One problem you can get is making the background in windows go away. If you leave it looks odd. If you just delete it to background white it still looks odd so you need to try to repaint it so it looks like glass.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.