Alt Tab, supplementary!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" - 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
yes, command tab will cycle through open applications
command m will minimize window
command h will hide the application and all windows associated with it, and it wont leave the window in your right side of the dock
command q will quit the program

there is a big thread full of keyboard shortcuts in the forum somewhere, search for it

This is great stuff, thanks - but is it possible to CMD+TAB thru minimised apps & windows, in order to bring up the one you want?

I just like to minimise all open apps & windows when not in use, and alt+tab to cycle thru.

On my Mac, CMD+TAB lets you cycle thru them all, but doesn't bring up the app window, if it's minimised.

I'm pretty sure my old PC would bring up minimised windows thru alt-tab.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Moved your post to a new thread..

You can CMD+Tab across opened application windows. You can also switch between windows in a single application with CMD+`. However, neither will work with minimized apps. You have to bring them back..

Last edited:
OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" - 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Ahhh... I see - thanks, Razor!
Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
there is a big thread full of keyboard shortcuts in the forum somewhere, search for it
There is also a comprehensive list on Apple's web site. Don't have the link at this computer or I'd share it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.