Windows phone won't connect via Bluetooth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020, 8GB, 512GB, Ventura 13.2
I can't connect my Nokia Lumia 635 to my MacBook Pro (November 2011, Yosemite). Bluetooth on the Mac says it is updated. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I can't connect my Nokia Lumia 635 to my MacBook Pro (November 2011, Yosemite). Bluetooth on the Mac says it is updated. Any ideas?

Hello Johnny - first, once connected, what are you wanting to do w/ Bluetooth between the two devices? As to establishing a connection, have you checked this Support Article; if not, let us know if the directions help. You might want to also tell us which of the MacBooks listed under your name is being used and which OS X is installed - Dave :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020, 8GB, 512GB, Ventura 13.2
Hi. Sorry about the long lapse. My MBP Early 2011 is now on El Capitan. It still won't pair with the Windows Phone (I checked the Support Article, didn't help) and it won't pair with Windows computers. I get the message: This device does not have the necessary services. Same message with the phone. I haven't had the opportunity to try to pair it with another Mac or IPhone. It pairs with a pair of bluetooth speakers that I have.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried going to Microsoft support and see if they could help? If the phone won't even pair with a Windows PC, it may be a design problem. Anyway, sounds like something you need to consult with Microsoft since it's their phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.