mac volumes

Reaction score
how can i shared a volume to windows 10, i have try all sharing options but win10 can't see
the volume.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Definitely need more information. Are you sharing from mac on a network to a windows 10 machine? Or are you sharing between say a bootcamp install of OS X and Windows 10?

Here is how I share from my Mac Pro running OS X.10.5 to a laptop I have running Windows 10: First my user name and password are the same on all my computers. I say this as I do not have any of my macs listed in active directory on my servers so they are not "joined" to the network.

1. On the Mac Pro go to System Preferences -> Sharing -> turn on file sharing by select the services you need to share (File Sharing) then select the folders to be shared and the user. Select read only or read & write for each user.
Now click on Options -> and check both share ...using SMB and share ..using AFP (although windows will use SMB) -> Check the user account you will be using. Click done and close out of sharing.

2. On the Windows 10 machine open File Explorer -> select Network -> select the name of your mac -> select the correct user folder -> select the drive and right click to "Map a Network Drive" or you can create a shortcut on the desktop.

This can be done on a home network too. Here is an article that sort of (I could not find one specific to W10) walks you through it.

How To: Make Your PC and Mac Share Stuff Like Best Friends

Hope this helps.

Li\sa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.