Delete multiple photos from PHOTOS

Reaction score
Hi helpers,
I can SELECT multiple photos in PHOTOS but when I click DELETE, nothing happens.
Is there a way to delete multiple photos, or do I have to do it one photo at a time?
Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
or do I have to do it one photo at a time?
Works ok for me. Using the Delete(Backspace key), or selecting Delete from the Image Menu.

OP
G
Reaction score
I'm using Yosemite 10.10.5 and Photo, not iPhoto.
Can't delete multiple photos, by selecting them and then clicking Delete. Nothing happens. Can only select and delete one at a time.

Can anyone help with this, please.
Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I'm using Yosemite 10.10.5 and Photo, not iPhoto.
Can't delete multiple photos, by selecting them and then clicking Delete. Nothing happens. Can only select and delete one at a time.

Can anyone help with this, please.

Hello - let's see if you are following the right steps w/ some images from my MBPro which is running Photos under Yosemite 10.10.5 - 3 'screen captures' are shown below - in the first image, I've selected 3 images (connected blue arrows), then opened the 'Image' tab in the menu bar, the lower option 'Delete 3 Photos' is also arrowed - this command can be selected or the CMD-DELETE key can be used; in the second image, the dialog box at the top appears and needs to be OKed; the final image provides a 'recovery' option, if desired. Let us know if these visual steps help - if NOT, you might want to click on the Apple (left upper menu bar) and 'Force Quit' Photos - restart and see if the function returns? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 5.57.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 5.57.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 5.58.00 PM.png

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi RadDave,
The method of CMD-DELETE works!
Thank you soon much for all the time and effort you gave me to solve this muddle.
You're super RAD, indeed.
With a hug of gratitude.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi RadDave,
The method of CMD-DELETE works!
Thank you soon much for all the time and effort you gave me to solve this muddle.
You're super RAD, indeed.
With a hug of gratitude.

GREAT! Glad to help - Dave :)

C

chas_m

This is probably a safety measure put in place by Apple to prevent people deleting photos willy-nilly -- and believe me they do that A LOT!! That's also why Photos doesn't really delete deleted photos for 30 days, because WAY too many folks have second thoughts about what they've done a bit too late!

Reaction score
Only possible when you select thg Photos tab.

I had the same problem. It appears that PHOTOS (Version 1.0.1) only allows you to delete multiple photos when select "Photos" on the header tab, where all your photos are sorted according to the date they were taken. Other options being Shared - Albums - Projects.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.