How to disable a black frame

Reaction score
A Black frame appears in various areas on my screen. How can I remove it? - it is most annoying.

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum!

Way too little information to even begin to help. Read the link in my sig about quality posts and give us some more information. What application? Can you duplicate it every time? When did it start, what changed just before it started? What Mac, What OS X version? What do you have installed as "helper" applications (cleaners, Antivirus, adblockers, etc, etc).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
We'd need more information, but off the top of my head, I would say that it could be your screen's resolution settings. You can change them under System Preferences>Displays.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A Black frame appears in various areas on my screen. How can I remove it? - it is most annoying.

You may have accidentally turned on "Voiceover". Go to System Preferences, Accessibility, Voiceover, and remove the checkmark if it's there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.