Best Image/Paint/Photography OS X App?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro8,2
when i was windows i used Paint Shop Pro for my Paint, Photos, And Image Creation Software. now that switched to OS X I'm looking for a good software to replace my windows Paint Shop Pro, i know i could boot camp but id rather just find a good OS X app. thanks in advance for all suggestions. i know its a personal choice in apps but since i know none of the other then the discounted apture i really need suggestions.

Thanks in Advance, Alice

Reaction score
Pixelmator, Acorn and the old standby, Photoshop.
First two available at AppStore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
Do the Affinity programs work with layers? I am looking for an image manipulation program similar to Photoshop when it comes to layers. I was in the Air Force for 25 years and I want to design a sleeve tattoo with all the places I was stationed. I want to take the shape of the country, hollow it out, and put the country's flag as the filler inside. I just want to make sure these programs would allow for that. I am on an older MB Pro, circa 2011.

Thanks!

C

chas_m

I don't know about Affinity Photo, but Pixelmator has layers. Photoshop has layers.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Do the Affinity programs work with layers?

Affinity Photo definitely does. I am currently giving it an extensive "trial" as an Aperture substitute.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.