printer not functioning with MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Have spent most of today attempting to get MacBook Pro (2011) to acknowledge connection with Brother HL4070CDW printer. Already have an iMac (~2007) and MacBook Air (2015) which print without problems. We use a TP Link router, Airport Express in our networking. I've been attempting to set up wireless printing for the MacBook Pro using an ethernet cable between printer and router. Running out of ideas--please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15"
I had the same problem with my MBA. But I am using a mobile modem.

After trouble shooting. I realise I set up dual network. My printing is on primary network 2.4ghz and my MBA is on the secondary network 5 ghz.

After switching off my secondary network and make all devices on primary. All is working now.

Check ur network whether there is 2 network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Did you get to their support site here and use their Setup Wizzard for your Mac OS X version???:
Downloads | HL-4070CDW | United States | Brother

You might want to checkout their compatibility stuff for any supported wireless bases etc. or what you're missing on the existing Mac having problems.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I don't believe I have a secondary network; there's not anything showing up but the primary one.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes, I used the setup wizard for my OSX 8. I'll look at compatibility--hadn't thought of that. Thank you!

M

MacInWin

What is OS X 8? Did you mean 10.8? Just need to make sure we're on the same page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Have spent most of today attempting to get MacBook Pro (2011) to acknowledge connection with Brother HL4070CDW printer. Already have an iMac (~2007) and MacBook Air (2015) which print without problems. We use a TP Link router, Airport Express in our networking. I've been attempting to set up wireless printing for the MacBook Pro using an ethernet cable between printer and router. Running out of ideas--please help!

I really don't know why you're trying to "set up wireless printing for the MacBook Pro using an ethernet cable between printer and router ...", especially as you seem to have a wireless base already setup and working with some other Macs.

Maybe try creating a new "test" document with TextEdit and then try to use the Print. If no printer shows, click the "Add Printer" and you should see the option to use the Brother HL4070CDW, and the setup should be almost automatic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.