Safari and Chrome corructed

Reaction score
I can't use anymore Safari and Chrome because after few seconds I open them a window appear say YOUR COMPUTER MIGHT BE INFECTED WITH ADWARE,attackers currently on malware testing.google.test might attempt to install dangerous programs in your computer etc''TO FIX CONTACT 966 274 7639
I never contact this number but still I can't use the programs. Any advise? My computer is mac OS X version 10.7.5
Thank you

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Any advise? My computer is mac OS X version 10.7.5
Thank you

What you are experiencing is called "ransomware". To fix things:

- Turn off the computers WiFi.
- Quit Safari and/or Chrome.
- Reopen Safari or Chrome (at this point I also like to close all open tabs…if any)
- Turn the computers WiFi back on.

This should correct the situation.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
I think there is one other step, at least with Safari. After disconnecting from the internet, either by stopping your wireless or unplugging your network cable, stop Safari. You may need to go into Activity Monitor and choose Force Quit with Safari selected if your Safari Quit menu is disabled. Then restart Safari and choose Clear History and Website Data. I always clear all. Then reconnect to your internet and you should be good to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.