PDA

View Full Version : Transferring emails from old PC hard drive to Mac Mail or Entourage

georgerender
08-14-2015, 07:12 AM
Up until 2 days ago, I was running an old PC (Windows 7, Office 2007) alongside my old (2008 MBP, OS x 10.6). Finally, the PC has died a death (motherboard) and is beyond repair. I have removed the HD and put it into an external case, which I can plug into my MBP via USB, and it seems I can read the files etc.

My question is - How do I transfer the emails that are on the old hard drive onto my MBP and put them into Mac mail or Entourage?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

George

chscag
08-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Were you using the Windows Mail program or Outlook on your PC? It makes a difference on how the email messages are gathered and transferred. Either way, it's doable.

georgerender
08-15-2015, 04:36 AM
Were you using the Windows Mail program or Outlook on your PC? It makes a difference on how the email messages are gathered and transferred. Either way, it's doable.

I was using Outlook 2007

chscag
08-15-2015, 03:22 PM
Check out the Mac Rumors Guides (http://guides.macrumors.com/Moving_Email_from_PC_Outlook_to_Apple_Mail) on how to transfer mail from Windows Outlook to Mac Mail.