Transferring emails from old PC hard drive to Mac Mail or Entourage

Reaction score
Up until 2 days ago, I was running an old PC (Windows 7, Office 2007) alongside my old (2008 MBP, OS x 10.6). Finally, the PC has died a death (motherboard) and is beyond repair. I have removed the HD and put it into an external case, which I can plug into my MBP via USB, and it seems I can read the files etc.

My question is - How do I transfer the emails that are on the old hard drive onto my MBP and put them into Mac mail or Entourage?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

George

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Were you using the Windows Mail program or Outlook on your PC? It makes a difference on how the email messages are gathered and transferred. Either way, it's doable.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check out the Mac Rumors Guides on how to transfer mail from Windows Outlook to Mac Mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.