• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

thinking abut buying macbook pro 13 inch retina display

Reaction score
My old HP laptop died right before my senior year in college.
I was thinking about getting a macbook pro 13 inch retina display this friday, but all my friends said wait till the new one.
should I wait or just buy the old one?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There will always be something new around the corner. If you can wait…wait. If not…then buy now.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
And the "new" one will have what that is different?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MBP 13 Retina
The new Macbook Pro 13 Retina is already running the newer Intel Broadwell CPU and it has the new force touch touchpad... It would be fine to buy now. Some new Intel Skylake CPUs have been announced, but the replacement for the MBP 13 CPU has not been yet, so it will be a while if I had to guess.

Now, if you were looking at the 15 Retina, I would say wait. While it's more powerful, its on older architecture hardware and it doesn't have the new touchpad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I have a 13" MB Pro that's about a year old. It does everything I want in a laptop. I'd say that you won't be disappointed with a current MB Pro. If you're doing high powered computing with lots of graphics and data manipulation, a new one might be worth waiting for but, if you're just looking for a solid laptop, buy one now. Check prices at macmall and check discounts at apple insider. I saved about $100 on mine. Still, it cost about $2000 with the 3 year warrantee plan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.