Facebook opening with blank page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Hello fellow Macateers.

This afternoon I went to open Facebook.com and it opened with a blank page. I had it open this morning with no problems. I have checked my Facebook account settings in Internet Accounts and nothing has changed. This has gone on all afternoon. I have to add that it only happened after my thirteen year old grandson had been on the machine, and gone back home. He has his own MBA and is quite good with computers. I did phone and ask if he had changed anything and he replied "No, I just logged onto my own account then logged out again when I was finished". Fair enough I believe him.

I've checked with my family locally and they are having no trouble with Facebook.

Anyone got any clues as to the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
LOL Gandalph my son accessed my Facebook.com account and guess what? S ame predicament so if you find a solution can you please pass it on?

My thoughts are he changed the security so high nothing loads!

OP
Gandalph
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im having no problems with any other web pages. Everything opens OK apart from Facebook. I can't even open it from a Google search page. I don't think it's a security setting, I don't think he knows how to get to them, come to think of it neither do I.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
It seems this is not a new or isolated problem. I found a couple of suggestions. First make sure you do not have any popup blockers that might be at fault.

One suggestion was to refresh the page.

Another one was to delete all your cookies/browser cache - which might make sense if someone else used your computer to sign into their account.

I found several suggestions to open the page and just zoom in and out and it will cause the page to show up.

Lisa

OP
Gandalph
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lisa, you are a Gem among the pebbles.

Turned off Adblock, tried opening Facebook from my saved favourites and Bingo, Facebook opened. Closed Facebook, restarted Adblock, clicked on Facebook in favourites and the page opened.
Everything back to normal.

There you go harryb2448 that might be your cure as well.

Many thanks Lisa. I'm clicking to add to your reputation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Excellent! Glad it worked.

Lisa

OP
Gandalph
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
More like Excellent, I'm pleased your here.

Reaction score
please help me too

Lisa, you are a Gem among the pebbles.

Turned off Adblock, tried opening Facebook from my saved favourites and Bingo, Facebook opened. Closed Facebook, restarted Adblock, clicked on Facebook in favourites and the page opened.
Everything back to normal.

There you go harryb2448 that might be your cure as well.

Many thanks Lisa. I'm clicking to add to your reputation.

Can you please tell me how to turn off Adblock, not sure where it is located but I have been screwing with this now for two days with no resolution. Thank you very much

Reaction score
facebook white screen fix

I saw earlier where someone was able to fix the issue with the Facebook not loading and just getting a white screen. They said the did something with AD BLOCKER but I don't know where that is to disable it. Can someone help me. Thank

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Safari > Preferences > Extensions and unclick the little box besides AdBlockPlus.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
@CarriePeterkin if you are using Safari the Adblock button should appear somewhere near the search bar in any Safari window. You can turn it off or on for individual sites by doing the following:
1. Go to the site that Adblock Plus seems to be having trouble with -- in this case Facebook
2. Let the page attempt to load then click the AdBlock Plus button.
3. The drop down menu probably has "Enabled for this site checked. If so, uncheck it and reload the page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.