resolution on 5k iMac windows 10

Reaction score
I'm using fusion 7 and installed windows 10 on my 5k retina iMac. I can't seem to get a resolution that works. I have thick black borders on both sides. I gave up and restored my snapshot of previous windows 7 that ran perfectly.

Certainly I would think that fusion should be able to run the resolution of windows 10, but i read somewhere that even windows 8 users were having issues.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're not alone. Users of other virtual software are having the same problem. The Windows Secrets newsletter today has an article about installing Windows 10 and the many hitches that users are running into. VirtualBox users are also waiting for an update to VB to allow Windows 10 to run. According to the newsletter, the preview of Windows 10 was OK, but the final release apparently was changed. Also, the recommendation from the gurus is to not install Windows 10 until MS gets things sorted out.

OP
C
Reaction score
You're not alone. Users of other virtual software are having the same problem. The Windows Secrets newsletter today has an article about installing Windows 10 and the many hitches that users are running into. VirtualBox users are also waiting for an update to VB to allow Windows 10 to run. According to the newsletter, the preview of Windows 10 was OK, but the final release apparently was changed. Also, the recommendation from the gurus is to not install Windows 10 until MS gets things sorted out.

Yes I agree. Good thing I restored from a snapshot. I'll just have to wait and see how vmware and MS sort this out. Hopefully soon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.