• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

thinking of selling my iMac

Reaction score
Last year i got a refurb iMac of the apple store uk, it is decent spec i7 3.5 16gb ram 3tb fusion drive nvidia 775m.
basically i got the mac because i never tried on before and my sisters got one and said they are fantastic so when i wanted a new computer i got a iMac. however i just don't like it. there is no claring problem but little things that annoy me.
the one think that i would say i like the most is the fact i can leave it one for weeks and it doesn't change the performance etc.

does anyone know what price i should be looking for? i think i would like a £1000 back but don't if it achievable.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not everyone likes a Mac computer, no problem. As far as pricing a used iMac goes, it would be best to check eBay UK and local prices from various vendors. I'm sure you have lots of advertisements over there that you can also scan through to get an idea of a good selling price.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
While true that not everyone likes Macs I wonder just exactly what you are having trouble doing? Perhaps there are problems that could be easily solved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I agree with Sly. Have you looked at what issue you have, and if they could be solved ??

Most Windowers, take weeks/months to get out of that from of mind, and they usually find a solution, that fixes those little niggles, people miss from Windows. Macs are so mainstream now, that you can find 3rd party Apps to most things that happen on Windows people miss.

Then again, it just might not be for you. Then, then again, Windows 10 in just around the corner ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
It does take a while to get used to it, but well worth the effort. Left Windows 3 years ago...ok still got an older desktop and two laptops but they generally gather dust...except the wife uses one to spend my money on the internet. This forum is an excellent place for help on using you iMac. Believe me, I've asked many, many questions, some really basic, and have gotten much courteous help here. When you consider Windows venerability to malware, Apple is a lot safer...not perfect...nothing is. No more Virus programs and updating those programs constantly. My only complaint is no WordPerfect, but I have MS Office but usually use Libre Office as my needs are simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Agree with all comments above. I switched to an iMac 5 years ago and, having become frustrated with my slow Windows PC, took to it like a duck to water. Now my wife and I have one each and, as we also have iPads and iPhones, they're all working together. As far as price is concerned it depends on age. Most of the ones currently available on eBay UK are 'Seller refurbished'. At the moment I guess that happy users aren't keen to sell until the iMac can no longer be updated to the latest OS X or they want a feature like Retina display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.