Malwarebytes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB
I am currently using Adwaremedic on my iMac. Yesterday I received an e-mail from Malwarebytes saying they now have a version for Macs. Does it hurt anything to have 2 anti-malware stoppers at the same time?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
My suggestion would be not to run both programs. Depending upon the utilities involved the results can sometimes be contradictory. Someone who has followed this more closely may be able to conform but I believe Malware Bytes has purchased Adware Medic. Future development will probably focus on Malware Bytes. Link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I am currently using Adwaremedic on my iMac. Yesterday I received an e-mail from Malwarebytes saying they now have a version for Macs. Does it hurt anything to have 2 anti-malware stoppers at the same time?

Hello - agree w/ Slydude - Thomas Reed who ran the Safe Mac website & developed AdwareMedic has stated HERE that Malwarebytes now owns both and that he is working for them. Thus, the new product shown below is a replacement for AdwareMedic and you simply need to run the newer release. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-07-26 at 1.36.48 PM.png

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB
Thank you both! I went ahead and deleted Adwaremedic and downloaded and installed Malwarebytes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.