• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut PRO QUESTIONS

A

aitebar

hello guys.

i have few questions about fcp since i m new to this software.

I grabbed some footage from a dv camera into my FCP HD, That footage is in PAL i guess cuz the tape in the dv is PAL. Now i want to burn it on a dvd as NTSC, What should i do?

Is iDVD a better software to make normal dvd's not hi fi but with a better resolution just like the regular movies DVD?

If someone can tell me a step by step method and in detail the first question, I will really appreciate it.

Thanks

OP
S

Sibannac

Never had to work with any PAL footage before, so I'm not positive this will work, but I think it will. With the video and audio laid out in the timeline, go to FILE>EXPORT>QUICK TIME MOVIE. Name the file and choose where to save it, then in the drop down SETTINGS menu at the bottom select DV/NTSC 48kHz. Check the MAKE MOVIE SELF CONTAINED box also, and then SAVE. If this doesn't work, you can monkey with some of the other NTSC output options from that dropdown menu. good luck

Reaction score
There are softwares out there to do the conversion in a way that will look natural. Otherwise you can get od frames rates, interlacing problems etc. A good one isDV Film Atlantis but there are cheaper ones (try a google search).
Once you use a converter program to turn it into NTSC you can make a DVD as easily as you normally would in iDVD. Just pick a theme (or make your own) drop in your movie and and pictures you want and then burn it.
If you want chapter selections import your converted quicktime file into iMovie, and set chapter points there, then hit the iDVD button. The ilife apps are so easy, once you create your converted file I'm sure you can figure it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.