Extracting Vocals

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Hello everybody, I am doing a remix of a few songs of my friends band. I don't have access to re-record or anything of that nature, just have their cd, I would like to extract the vocals and be able to use them, as well as use the instrumental also, if I can only get the vocals that would be fine, as I am probably going to use a different instrumental but preferably would like both. I have Soundtrack pro, and Logic express (only have express because i have no idea how to use it, If you know how to do it in soundtrack pro that would be alot easier for me) I have garage band but i don't think that will help any. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advanced for helping me.

M

macaudiodj

Nether app can do it. Removing vocals is extremely hard; but you can give it a try. There is a free app called "SPEAR" that can do it, but it takes a lot of time.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I find it ironic that logic can't do it, but a free app can.. thanks.. I will give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.