Oddity: everything works but the dekstop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
ok, so im at this page earlier, and im ALT + clicking in a lot of links in Safari, witch leads to picture, SWF files and MP3's, so they're at my dekstop all stacked on top of my harddrive icon, as i ran out of space on my desktop, and i thought to my self "ill just select all of them and drag em to the TDR folder, Mac OS will prolly ask of i wanna move my harddrive", but it didnt, ive rebooted a couple of times, zapped the PRAM,,, i can still use programs and stuff... but not click on ANYTHIN of the dekstop... :eek:neye:

did i do something wrong?

if so how to fix it???

:doctor:

T

Tiranis

Well, I'll need a bit more info—is Finder still running (is there the black arrow under the icon in the dock) and can you view your folders? Now, I'm not sure what's going on with your desktop—do you still have icons there but they're unclickable or are there no icons on it? If there are no icons, can you download something to the desktop, or will it not appear there? Can you move a file on to the desktop?

Sorry, your first post was very confusing for me. :(

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
finder is still running, but i can access folders, in a rare case i can, but it takes like 20 minuttes to open a folder, and i can only open a folder i have in my dock... The icons are still all there but i cant click on them, and it looks like i cant download stuff either...

no file moving too i cant even move files around that are on the dekstop :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.