Repair it myself

Reaction score
Macbook OS 10.6.8. I have Genio stuck in Firefox. Also, tried to run Repair Permissions and was told that the disk is corrupt. Verify Permissions won't even run. I would like to learn how to get into the hard drive and take care of all of this. I need step by step instructions, as simple as possible--like do this, then do this, if this does not work, then do this. I know it's probably complicated but am willing to try. Any takers out there? Thanks in advance. By the way, Genio is not lodged in Safari. Go figure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Use the Snow Leopard DVD. Boot from it and run Repair Disk. That will either repair the drive or tell you if it has failed and needs replacement.

When all is working use AdwareMedic to remove Genio however you will have to do the manual removal as the auto scan only works on Lion OS X.7 and later. One of the problems of using an older operating system alas.

http://www.thesafemac.com/arg/

M

MacInWin

Beware of bitdefender. I've heard some nasty things with it. AdwareMedic may help you in the future, along with Adblock+ and Ghostery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.