How To Export Outlook Address Book to a File?

Reaction score
Hello! I am a long time PC user who recently moved to the Mac environment (Yosemite OS). I need to export addresses from Outlook to create a new distribution list without typing each address manually. I tried the File>Export>Contacts to alist, but it did not work, as it only selected a few addresses out of hundreds of messages. If there is a way to define a Folder from where to take emails, please let me know, or please let me know if there is any other method to gather this data.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What exactly are you wanting to do? If you just wish to export your contacts there are several ways to do that. You say export to a file, what file? Are you trying to import the Outlook contacts to your contacts.app in Yosemite?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply, chscag.!
Let´s see if I can explain what I need to do:

What I intend to do is to create a file, which may be *.txt or Excel, or any other from which I can create a distribution list to send a simultaneous message to all the senders of the emails that are contained in one specific subfolder, which is located within one folder my "Inbox".

Alternatively, I would of course be open and willing to try any method you may want to suggest, in order to accomplish what I need. My plan is to use Outlook 2011 to send the mail to this group of correspondents.

Thanks again!

OP
M
Reaction score
I found this link that might prove useful:

Create a Contact Group from a List of Addresses

Lisa

Hi Lisa!

Thanks, I have checked it.

Seems to me that this article is focused on the creation of the Distribution List. As far as getting addresses go, this method seems extremely time-intensive when you consider I need to extract addresses from a very long list of messages.

On the other hand, my Outlook 2011 (Mac) looks very different than the one used in the screenshots and the video.

Thanks, for your time and your interest. I am still open to hear about other methods, - especially if extraction is done automatically as the first method I tried, but not only from a few files, but from all of them.

Help is welcome!

OP
M
Reaction score
What exactly are you wanting to do? If you just wish to export your contacts there are several ways to do that. You say export to a file, what file? Are you trying to import the Outlook contacts to your contacts.app in Yosemite?

Hello again, chscag.
I have just noticed you included two links for new members, and I just wanted you to know that I have now read them in full.
Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.