• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD backup - Sizzle won't work right

M

MudShark

Since I haven't figured out how to make the subtitles work when using DVDBackup, DVD2one and Toast (dunno why - I've included the subtitles I want in DVD2one, but they just won't work, dammit) I've ended up trying to use 0SEx, MediaPipe and Sizzle.
Now the problem goes like this:
Everything goes well (except the subtitle again - the file 0SEx extracts, *.SPC, isn't compatible with Sizzle; Is there a tool to convert it to a .SUB -file? This problem I solved by getting a subtitle file from dvd.box.sk) until all the files are supposed to be compiled into a single image file. Sizzle packs them up BUT when the .dmg is ready, the size is around 800kb (!). Tried it several times, but always the same - the file is too small (or it just compresses it veeeery well).

So what I'd like to know:
1. Is there some kind of a tool that would convert a .SPC -file into a .SUB?
2. What's wrong with Sizzle? OR Is there some other program like Sizzle that would do the same (preferrably a free one - already bought the programs that didn't work as I hoped them to do :( )

System used: G5 1,8Ghz, OSX 10.2.7

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.