• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

FCPX Titles not Rendering

Reaction score
I haven't used my FCP in about 6 weeks, the main library I use is on an external HD. So when I opened up the library today none of my title are showing up. They all have the orange render bar yet there is no rendering going on. When I move the cursor over the title in the bottom it just says "loading (insert name of title)". When i try to delete the title and add a new title the same thing appears to happen making me think it's not my library but an issue with the FCP software or something.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
You say your main library is on an external HD, is it mounted and is it working? It sounds like FCP is hunting for the files - "loading" indicates this to me. If deleting and adding a new title does not fix it, I still wonder if the external is at fault because that is where the templates are - in the library.

Just wondering.

Lisa

OP
M
Reaction score
You say your main library is on an external HD, is it mounted and is it working? It sounds like FCP is hunting for the files - "loading" indicates this to me. If deleting and adding a new title does not fix it, I still wonder if the external is at fault because that is where the templates are - in the library.

Just wondering.

Lisa

all of the actual video footage loads just fine, the issue lies solely in the titles which to me makes me think there is some sort of glitch in the application itself for some reason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
What version of FCP are you running and on what model mac and what version of OS X?

You could try trashing your preference files. This usually fixes a lot of issues but it sets everything back to factory default settings.

For Final Cut Pro X to delete preferences:

1. Quit FCP - it can not be running.
2. Make sure to empty the trash can when you are done to make sure they are actually deleted.
3. Press and hold the Option + Cmd keys while launching FCP X from the Dock.
- a dialog box will appear asking if you want to delete preferences.
- click Delete Preferences and poof they are gone.

Here is a link with more information.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.