spam on outgoing mail

Reaction score
spam is being attached to out going mail when addressed to century link, embark, aol. I have deleted almost all mail, all downloads, cookies, history. Ran aghast, sophos and adware medic. Can email from server (comcast) and gmail ok. it only happens from our 2 macs. I'm at a loss......thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Exactly what kind of spam?
Check and see if something might have changed your signature.
I don't "think" they work on outbound mail but check your Rules.
Try another mail client and see if it still does it.

OP
R
Reaction score
Its a blank mail attachment that comes back with non delivery notice. In trying to get to the bottom of this all emails go out blank. Heres the notice I get " Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message.
Last-attempt-Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 13:05:29 +0000"
With the attachment under this. When I try to open attachment its blank and has no address or link that I can go look for.

Reaction score
The problem might be on the other end. See here, pick one....

Code:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Diagnostic-Code:+smtp%3B+554+5.7.1+[P4]+Message+blocked+due+to+spam+content+in+the+message.
Is it to all your recipients or just some?

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks. This pretty well sums up the problem. It is just to century link and embark addesses. Heard back from a century link address and he stated his mail has been giving him fits.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.