Advice please

Reaction score
Hi there
I've had my Mac for about 5 years now and it is still running fine and suits me brilliantly. My friend has asked for advice on one he is thinking of buying second hand.
Her is the picture of the specs he's sent me. He'd like to try it for video editing as I use final cut pro on mine. Mine isn't that fast but he only uses it domestically and is a patient man. He doesn't need all the whistles and bells, but doesn't want to make this initial change if it isn't going to be worth his time. This is going for £300

eprndh.jpg

mine that he's been using for videos is the image below and has suited him fine.

2epj334.jpg

thanks in advance for any input you can give.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
He doesn't need all the whistles and bells, but doesn't want to make this initial change if it isn't going to be worth his time.

"Initial change" from what?

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Suggest advsising friend to at least go to the same model as yours. With GeekBench2 tests, the 2009 3.06GHz model returns a score of 4297, and your 20103.6GHz model returns a score of 6863, an increase of just on 60% so you can see which is the best and how the 2009 model maybe a disappointment to him and huess who would be to blame?

And when I say 'at least', if he could afford to go to a mid 2011 2.8GHz i7, it has a score of 10,191

C

chas_m

£300 seems like a lot of money to me for a six-year-old computer ... I'm with HarryB on this one ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.