• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why I love this forum ........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2020, 2.3 Ghz, Quad core i7, 16gb, 1 TB, Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB , Sonoma 14.1.1
I'm not much of a computer guy, really more of a technophobe, but I wanted to take just a moment to thank the moderators and followers of this forum. I tend to ask questions that are profoundly fundamental, and not once has anyone been anything other than polite and helpful.

Thanks,

ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)
I'm not much of a computer guy, really more of a technophobe, but I wanted to take just a moment to thank the moderators and followers of this forum. I tend to ask questions that are profoundly fundamental, and not once has anyone been anything other than polite and helpful.

Thanks,

ken

Quoted for truth. While I am a touch of a techie guy (just a light touch, mind!), the Mac (and all things OS X) are completely new for me. This forum has been nothing but nice and considerate when answering questions, often going above and beyond with advice. Heck, I often just trawl through old posts and often learn a thing or three while randomly reading. Great forum!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That's one of the things that caught my attention when I was looking for a Mac forum to join after the one I usually went to died out. My wife has said for years that as a general rule Mac-related forums had nicer cultures than similar PC forums. This forums certainly has helped me several times.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Considering that computer hardware, computer software, computing issues, etc. is constantly an evolving & moving target…there's not too many days I don't learn something new.

And what easier way to do this…then belonging to a forum of folks that "knows their stuff" and does it in a friendly manner. Many eyes & many brains are better than one!:)

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
So glad we can help you! We try anyway! :D Grin

Reaction score
Post I made a hour ago

I'm new here. Cant locate the question a posed to the forum. HELP Thanks

Reaction score
Click on "My Posts" just below the red menubar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.