How to get Epson printer software upgrade

Reaction score
My Epson printer drivers are out of date and I want to upgrade my printer to the newest drivers. I went to the Epson site and found the correct driver for my printer but when I downloaded and tried to install it, it told me I couldn't because it came from an unknown source and I should go to the App store for it. I searched on the App store and it's not available. I have a MacBook Pro Retina, which has no CD/DVD drive, so buying new software is out of the question. Any suggestions on how to do this?

M

MacInWin

Right click (control-click) on the installer application, then Open and acknowledge that it didn't come from Apple and it will (should) run.

OP
P
Reaction score
Right click (control-click) on the installer application, then Open and acknowledge that it didn't come from Apple and it will (should) run.

Well, I took two screen shots of what messages I'm getting and I can't get them to attach here. They are both in JPG format, medium quality. After I choose, I hit upload, but they don't appear. Any solutions for THIS???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, I took two screen shots of what messages I'm getting and I can't get them to attach here. They are both in JPG format, medium quality. After I choose, I hit upload, but they don't appear. Any solutions for THIS???

Hello - if Jake's suggestion is not working for you, then open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy - unlock the dialog box, if needed; then check the Anywhere radio button which will allow the installation of software that does not fall into the other two categories - I keep the middle button selected (see first attachment).

As to 'uploading' your images, open the 'Manage Attachments' (see second image), choose the pic(s) you want to upload, AND then make sure that your hit the 'upload' button (blue arrow). Please post back if still having a problem(s). Dave :)

Security_Privacy.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 12.59.36 PM.png

M

MacInWin

If you take RadDave's approach, which will work, then after the driver is installed, go back and select the middle option again. It's a protection to make you THINK before you install something that may or may not be good.

OP
P
Reaction score
If you take RadDave's approach, which will work, then after the driver is installed, go back and select the middle option again. It's a protection to make you THINK before you install something that may or may not be good.

RadDave's approach did not work, nor did unlocking security. My attachments were too large is why they didn't upload, so I will attach them now. These are the message I get when I try to install the software. The second attachment is when I right-clicked it, the top one is when I double clicked the disk icon.

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 11.07.40 AM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 11.08.01 AM copy.jpg

M

MacInWin

Ok, from the right hand image, if you click on "Open" then you will get a dialog box warning you that it's not from Apple or an identified developer, but you can then go ahead and open it anyway. And if you had properly unlocked security as RadDave said, you should not have gotten the left side warning. It says in that dialog that you have selected the middle option, not the "anyone" option, in security.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What operating system are you using pixeltaker. My Epson updates come automatically from Apple's Software Update and have done so under OS X.9 and X.10.

OP
P
Reaction score
What operating system are you using pixeltaker. My Epson updates come automatically from Apple's Software Update and have done so under OS X.9 and X.10.

I have Mac Yosemite, but the Epson printer/scanner driver was corrupted, so when I went to get a new driver from Apple, it said none was available. That is why I had to unlock the security to download the drivers.

By the way a previous poster advised me how to unlock the security so I could download the drivers, and it worked. So I'm good to go now. Thanks everyone for all your help.

OP
P
Reaction score
Ok, from the right hand image, if you click on "Open" then you will get a dialog box warning you that it's not from Apple or an identified developer, but you can then go ahead and open it anyway. And if you had properly unlocked security as RadDave said, you should not have gotten the left side warning. It says in that dialog that you have selected the middle option, not the "anyone" option, in security.

Thank you. That worked perfectly. If I had only wanted to check for an update I could have gone through Apple, but since the printer/scanner driver was corrupted that wouldn't work and I had to download the drivers directly from Epson. There were no new updates when I tried to go through Apple..

M

MacInWin

If you changed the settings for security you need to go put it back to the middle option. Gatekeeper will alert you anytime what it thinks is "unsafe" tries to run. Not a bad thing!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.