MS Office issues

Reaction score
i am trying to install ms office for mac 2011
i own a copie, even have a disc, but i get a summary of: "The installer cannot install the software because there was no software found to install
that is from the backup disc i got with the original purchase
i appreciate any help
also, whats switcher hangout, it said it was for beginners so here i am

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have a backup CD of MS Office 2011, where is the original copy you downloaded from MS? And, do you have your serial number?

OP
B
Reaction score
ms/mac office issues

thanks for your help
i have, the disc, and a reciept with a confirmatiom number(9 digits), and a product key in the form of AAAA-AA#AA-AAAAA-AAA##
I was not prompted to enter either
it's like microsoft is trying to freeze me out!

OP
B
Reaction score
more ms/mac office

re: your ?, what happened to the original. It was a long time ago, but i think the original was uploaded from the internet, but i could be wrong
instructions that came with the receipt "Need to re-download your software or access your order details? Simply go to the Account Management Console at any time."
i have not found the account management console, not in system preferences or in Chrome settings.
thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's real strange. I just took a look at my copy of Office 2011 by inserting the CD and this is what came up on the screen: "Office Installer.mpkg"

By clicking on that, it starts the Office 2011 installer. And my product key looks like this:

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (25 alpha numeric characters)

Where did you buy your copy from?

OP
B
Reaction score
yet more ms'mac

i got this copie through work, government of alberta.
they had a home use program for a much reduced cost.
they sent an email with the receipt and instructions.
instructions said: Please download this software on your home PC by forwarding this email to your personal email account, and clicking the download link from a home PC. I no longer have their email in my archives, i only have the confirmation number and the product key.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, that's the reason you do not have an original CD. As long as you have your product id and it's good, you can download a trial version of Office 2011 direct from Microsoft and then activate it with your product id. I found one LINK where you can download the trial version.

Make sure you download the trial and not the pay version. Let me know if it works.

OP
B
Reaction score
ms/mac office 2011 install

Hi chscag:
I finally got back to my mac. I used the link you sent me, first time failed -due to network problem-, i tried again and it worked.
it gave me a prompt to enter my product key and didn't ask me to pay for anything, so i'm happy. , I haven't tried word or excel yet, they are probably good.
Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.