Searching for a needle in a haystack

Reaction score
About two years ago, I created a file for a client. Now, two years later, the client wants me to make some changes. At the time I developed the file, I was on Windows. Now I'm on a Mac. The file was done so long ago, I need to search through some archives to locate it.

On Windows, I just search for *.fb (any file ending with the extension .fb) and it will search both the folder and all the folders below it. It doesn't seem to work that way on Mac. I found a video that said to use Spotlight, but a search for *.fb opens up Facebook. (Pretty useless in this case.)

So if someone can help this newbie learn to search properly, it would be a fantastic help. I need to be able to search for a file within a particular folder as well as all the folders within it.

OP
B
Reaction score
I found the answer. I did a search for .fb (without the asterisk) and it gave me the results I needed.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Nice job. Why didn't I think of that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.