Smartphone apps on an iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC i7 3.1Ghz 16mb RAM 250gb SSD
I would like an "app" for my hearing aid streamer. (It sets the volumes etc). I don't have a smartphone or ipad so wondered if an app can work with my iMac (latest version)
the app requires.........

The ConnectLine App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch runs on iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, and iPod touch (5th generation) and requires Streamer Pro 1.2 App or later. When installing the ConnectLine App on iPad, search for iPhone apps in App Store.................

Any way round this please?
Chris

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm not exactly sure if this is what you're looking for. But this "Streamer Pro" product (from the same company as the app you mentioned) seems to be the solution for computers:

Get in on technology

HTH,

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's the Streamer Pro that I have.
The "app" will change the default volumes.
The device picks up sound from Bluetooth devices and transmits them direct to the hearing aid. The volume can be adjusted on the actual aid but this is not loud enough when using the streamer, hence the need to increase the streamer's default volume settings using the app.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The device picks up sound from Bluetooth devices and transmits them direct to the hearing aid. The volume can be adjusted on the actual aid but this is not loud enough when using the streamer, hence the need to increase the streamer's default volume settings using the app.

Ok…good to know. I'm pretty sure iOS apps (iPhone, iPad) cannot be used on a computer. But…sometimes they have a "computer version"…and that's why I visited the "Oticon" website…but didn't find anything:

Oticon Inc - Your Hearing

I would visit the website…and try their "Frequently Asked Questions" area. And if no solution there…then do a "Contact Us" at the website.

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that.
I am not familiar with "apps" so wondered if they could be used on an iMac .
Seems not.
Chris

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Applications designed to run iOS devices(iPod Touch, iPads and iPhones) will not run a Mac. For one thing they are different architectures. iOS devices are all based on the ARM processor, while Macs are based on Intel x86 processors.

You really want an application that is designed to run on Mac with the version of OS X you have..

Reaction score
yes there is a way it's called android for x86 its a open source android platform being ported to x86 computers you can download the latest version here.

Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86

go to the download tab and download the latest version once finished you can burn it to a dvd-r or cd-r your choice and install it using bootcamp or using virtual box which is also free

there is however a pay for solution as well and it's not so nice its called bluestacks search for it on google it hasn't made to much progress yet though and they want to much for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

Don't the volume buttons on the Mac itself adjust the volume? They should.

You can try the Android version of the app and use an emulator, or run it via Chrome.
BlueStacks App Player for Mac | MacUpdate
Andy the Android Emulator
You can now run Android apps on a Mac or PC with Google Chrome | The Verge

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.