imac antivrus software

Reaction score
i see all window antivurs company saying you need a scanner for any new virus or malware or adware you may get on your system and are this real or fake to take more money from people

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It is purely after more money Patricia. Think of this ~ there are no Mac OS X viruses and these programs merely run Windows threats over your computer, but a few malware and adware threats do exist. For these download and install AdWareMedic, AdBlockPlus and Ghostery. All are free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And I thought we answered this question a day or two ago?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
And I thought we answered this question a day or two ago?

@ Patricia - I believe that Harry is correct, i.e. you have already posted on this topic and received a number of helpful responses HERE; also, please check out this recent THREAD, yet another discussion on this oft asked question (look up my post which includes a bunch of links).

Please educate yourself first as to the need of AV software on a Mac computer - malware related to browser hijacks, ransomware, etc. are an issue, but this has been discussed already in these various threads. Let me stop there - you need to do some reading. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.