Cleaning macs

E

Edwin2213

What is the best way to clean laptop screens??? and also the cases of a powerbook and an ibook? Thanks for you help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
Edwin2213 said:
What is the best way to clean laptop screens??? and also the cases of a powerbook and an ibook? Thanks for you help.

For all my LCD/Notebook screens, I prefer "Clean Dr." fluid. Their screen cleaning fluid can be found at CompUSA, and comes with a lint free cloth. I found most of the pull out disposable wipes either smear the screens, or aren't as safe as the could be. "Clean Dr." has no alcohol or ammonia.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
Good info to know.. any other preferences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
For LCD screens, I use small blue Microfiber clothes from Staples. They sell a 2-pack for about five bucks. I put them in ziplock sandwich bags to keep them clean and keep one for my desktop monitor and one for my laptop's screen in the laptop bag.

For the rest of my computer stuff, I use rubbing alcohol and lint-free cloths. You can pick up good lint-free cloths at Staples as well. This combination cleans computer plastic really well and makes it look brand new.

Reaction score
Are these methods good for MBP 15 inch screens?

Sorry, newbie question I know :(

I almost started a new thread but I searched instead and only found this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
i use a very diluted mix of alcohol and water on a damp microfiber towel to clean the outside of the ibook. To clean the wristpads I use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. From others experience I'd say keep the Magic Eraser off the keys and trackpad, fyi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Whats good to clean the keys?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Blue microfiber cloth is execellent for cleaning the screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.