• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Different Types of Media Players Out There?

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a brief explanation of the media player that I am after.

Basketball is my hobby and sometimes I like to download basketball video clips to analyze the moves. The 'moves' could be three, fifteen or thirty seconds long, depends. VLC has a function which allows me to play the videos in slow-motion for analysis.

However, besides playing it in slow-motion, I would like to play the 'moves' in a 'loop'. For example, it starts at 15m:35s and ends at 15m:42s. I want to continuously play that specified time-frame in a recurring cycle, until I of course decide to press stop. Are there any media players that can do that? If so, what is the functionality called so that I can use it. I have VLC but I am not sure it can do that.

Thank-you in advance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" rMBP 2014, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2.6GHz i5
VLC can do it.

Playback > A->B Loop

Or press Cmd+Shift+L when you want to start the loop, and again when you want to finish the loop, and VLC will continuously play that portion back to you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.