multiple email addys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
i have created a monster and need help with emails

on old windows …i had several google email addys (gmail) for various reasons.

when I got my MBA, added them to Mail App and was able to access them ok tho bit confusing. I understand that Macs don’t like a lot of email addys.
so i thought with new system, i would adapt new logic…. have decided that I can pare down to two email addys.

sample of email addy names….
email (1) …..will retain as it is linked to many business accounts
email (2) … email (2&3) i will change over to email A
email (3)

I have created a new email addy (A) [another gmail account] and have imported all my contacts from email addy 2&3
before I send emails to all my contacts with change of addy, i want to make sure all this will work correctly.

I see in MBA Mail app there is an option to move mail mssgs from one account to another. at least that is what i interpret it as. if this is correct then i could move all email 2&3 message to email A and be set to go.

except, I tried to add email A to Mail and it would not let me….a triangle with ! appears beside all existing email addy.

so now how to I fix this mess i have created for myself.
hope i have explained well enough for someone to understand and help me out.
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac quad i7 | Yosemite
You can forward multiple email addresses to one gmail account, but you'll want to do this directly from within gmail webmail, not through a mail client like Mail.

Go to Accounts and Import from the Settings within the gear in the upper right-hand corner (this is in gmail webmail accessed through a browser, not through Mail) and follow the instructions provided. You can compose and reply from all email addresses, whether forwarded or the one you chose to be the main one. i.e., if you forwarded me1 @ gmail.com and me2 @ gmail.com to me3 @ gmail.com, you would log in to me3 @ gmail.com and can manage all three emails from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.