Pass code

Reaction score
I am using a couple of year old Mac Air with the latest software installed.

I have a four digit pass code installed so that when the computer is opened up from the Sleep Mode it needs to be entered to use it.

What I have not figured out is how to also set this pass code to require use after the computer is turned on from a cold start. As it is now, if I actually turn of the Mac as opposed to just shutting the lid, when I turn it back on no code is required to use it.

How do I remedy this?

Thanks,
Jim

Reaction score
go into the apple menu by selecting it in the upper left hand of your screen.

Select system preferences

once there select

Users and groups

once there click logon options

if left unselectable click the lock at the bottom of the screen to unlock the logon options window

under automatic logon select off this will require a user name and password every time you login

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
click the  Top Left then System Preferences. Goto Users and Groups then click on your Admin Account in the left Pan. Now click Login Options and if the little lock (bottom right) is locked, click that and enter the Admin Password. Then make sure the Automatic Login is turned Off. From there you should be able to make a Passcode/Password for your Login.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.