Mac OS 9 Problems on imac

P

pcdoctor2

Hello. I am trying to fix an imac computer at school. It's loaded with Mac OS 9. This computer freezes up a lot. I can't get into the hard drive, it will freeze when surfing the net and it locks up at other places too. Disk first aid finds problems but can't fix them.

OP
J

jerodhusvar

pcdoctor2 said:
Hello. I am trying to fix an imac computer at school. It's loaded with Mac OS 9. This computer freezes up a lot. I can't get into the hard drive, it will freeze when surfing the net and it locks up at other places too. Disk first aid finds problems but can't fix them.

If you can, get a copy of Norton Utilities and boot from the CD, run Norton Disk Doctor on the drive and fix all of the problems that it is likely to find. Then run Norton Speed Disk on the machine to clean up any fragmentation. 90% of the time this will fix problems on a Mac runing OS9.

Hope this helps,

Jerod

OP
P

pcdoctor2

jerodhusvar said:
If you can, get a copy of Norton Utilities and boot from the CD, run Norton Disk Doctor on the drive and fix all of the problems that it is likely to find. Then run Norton Speed Disk on the machine to clean up any fragmentation. 90% of the time this will fix problems on a Mac runing OS9.

Hope this helps,

Jerod

Is there any other way? Because I won't be able to get Norton Utilities at all. Even if I had a cd, it would have been used in a windows type of computer.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Norton runs on Macs, too.

OP
J

jerodhusvar

Mac dude said:
Norton runs on Macs, too.

But you DO need a Mac version of Norton. A pc version isn't going to work.

It sounds like you don't have the resources to get the software? If that's the case, call an apple tech. As someone on another forum has on their signature... If you can't fix it in 20 minutes, call someone who can.

Jerod

OP
E

efclearfield

My mac won't run OS 9 and I meet all system requirements. Help!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.