Problems with sync pictures after new Photo app update

Reaction score
Recently I updated iPhotos to Photos, but don't like that it doesn't have the Events as in iPhoto, so decided to continue to use iPhoto instead of the new Photo application. This seems to work fine. However, I now find that my iPhone no longer syncs properly with iPhoto. When I connect my iPhone to my iMac the pictures taken on my phone will import properly into iPhoto, but it does not seem possible any more to import new Albums and Events in iPhoto onto my iPhone. Anyone who knows how this can be solved (if at all)? I hope it is still possible. Many thanks

M

MacInWin

Try this. Connect your iPhone, open iTunes. Select your iPhone, then Photos and in the resulting window select iPhotos in the "Copy photos from: " area.

OP
L
Reaction score
Many thanks for the quick reply! Regrettably I can't select iPhotos in the "copy photos from" area. This is not offered as an option. It only offers Photos and the pictures folder as an option, but not iPhotos. Is there anyway to change this?

M

MacInWin

Hmm, I don't understand. I have attached a screenshot of what I get when I connect my iPhone, use iTunes, select the iPhone and then Photos in the left column of iTunes that opens with the iPhone connected. It offers me, as you can see, iPhotos. I don't USE iPhotos, but it offers it nevertheless. I don't know how to add that to the list, sorry.

2015-05-03 10.52.20 am.png

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for checking and the response. It is bizarre. I do use iPhoto and don't get it as an option... Maybe I just need to succumb to the pressure by Apple to starting using Photos (or just switch back to a PC and regain some control...). Again many thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.