possible to unsend email in Entourage for MAC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 GHz macbook OS X v10.9.5 mem 4 GB 1067 MHz, Ipod Touch 4th Gen, Ipod Nanos 5th & 7th gen,
I thought I had sent an attachment to a relative, where his ex-wife was trashing him, basically saying the opposite on facebook from what she had sent via text to his phone. But their old joint email account popped up (he has 2, and their old joint account starts with his name, and the reading glasses weren't as strong as they should be). I screwed up and sent it to their old joint account. If she gets it there will be histrionics all over the place. :[ Is there any way I can unsend it? We both have Comcast as our isp. She goes to bed early, so hopefully she hasn't seen it. Help!

I went to the address book, after the fact, to delete the accursed address. It isn't in the address book. None of his email addresses are, they were added through usage I guess. How do I delete the obsolete address if it isn't in the address book? Thank you!

I'm using OS X 10.9.5

C

chas_m

No, you can't unsend email in Mail (you can't really on PCs either, but you have a short window before the PC actually sends it where you can undo the action).

The accursed address is probably accessible in Mail through "previous recipients," which is under the "Window" menu.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 GHz macbook OS X v10.9.5 mem 4 GB 1067 MHz, Ipod Touch 4th Gen, Ipod Nanos 5th & 7th gen,
oh well

thanks for answering :D. Unfortunately the damage is done. As expected there's epic whining instead of dialogue.

But as to the second question: how to get rid of her infernal address in Entourage for MAC, when it doesn't appear in the address book? I'm assuming it was just stored because I used to us it to reply to my relative. I never added it to the address book. Where is it? I'm new to reading glasses and don't want to make that slip up again :\

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it works!

No more accidental mailings :) ! I did as the article suggested, closed Entourage, reopened, and went about sending email to the person with 3 legit contacts and the one, obsolete, hinky one. The trouble-causing email address didn't pop up as a choice. Thank you!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad that sorted things out. I haven't used Entourage in years so I wasn't sure whether it would work. I'm sure we've all wished for an unsigned button at one time or another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
heathen very good things to keep one's nose out of, other folks domestic relationships and bustups. Nothing good ever comes from interfering.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.