Mac Outlook outbox stuck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPro mid 2012, 2.7Gh Intel i7, OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite, 16Gb, iPhone 5, iPad, Windows laptops
Hello, I'm using macbook 15 mid2012, 2.7ghz intel i7, 16gb mem, nvidia geforce650M, osx 10.9.5.

I'm using outlook mac and I've sent an email with a few photos, obviously too big photos because the sending bar at the bottom goes some part of the total and stops and no send.

So how do I find the outbox in the folder list on the left to delete that outbound email so my mail works normal again? I went into gmail, the host mail sys and there isn't an outbox there for me to delete/shrink the photos to send them either. Any ideas would be great, I've done all the obvious things (that I could think of) preferences, configuration searching for outbox or anything related to sending too large.

Thx for your help.

OP
kdqlx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPro mid 2012, 2.7Gh Intel i7, OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite, 16Gb, iPhone 5, iPad, Windows laptops
Error
----
5.2.3 size guidelines. x69sm13006914qha.8 - gsmtp

Details
----
Mail could not be sent.

Account name....

Here's the error message from outlook mac

OP
kdqlx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've got the Microsoft Outlook Troubleshooting log, but it doesn't give any good clues to what's happening but if you would like to see it and it means something to you please let me know I can upload it.
-Kevin

Reaction score
outlook stuck

i am having the same problem and can't find a solution either, so any help as to where i can go to delete the outgoing message will be greatly appreciated

OP
kdqlx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My problem was that I had attached a file size too large for the system. I think 43 Mb attached file.

I had to look in the left side file folders for the outbox and it was only visible during the send operation. So I cleared out the error log, left it opened and when the next time the outbox tried to send/receive the outbox showed up and I was able to click on it and get into it. Then I say the problem with the file trying to go out and deleted it.

Cycled through the send receive with test messages and all better.

-Kevin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.