iPad mail not working

Reaction score
Our iPad is showing that we have mail but the mail app is showing no mail or forlders, just a unworking search button and none of the icons are working. I have tried deleting and re-adding the mail boxes. I can see the mails OK with a web browser and I have cleared any large emails. iPad2 IOS8.3

OP
V
Reaction score
Yes I had re-started the iPad.

My daughter has fixed the problem. It was in snooze mode with the moon showing at the top right of the app and she knew how slide up the bottom menu bar to put this back to normal. I did not find this tip anywhere on the Internet but I expect it is there somewhere.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Viola

Welcome.

This is curious. The half-moon symbol indicates that "Do Not Disturb" is activated (there isn't a snooze mode). But what puzzles me is that on my iPad Air & my wife's iPad 4, we have this function enabled, but can access our mail without any trouble by tapping on the Mail icon.

Of course, if you're back to normal, that's fantastic. But the "Do Not Disturb" function is really to silence any incoming calls (and I think, messages) and should not affect your ability to access mail, or indeed the internet via Safari.

Is there any chance that you were in "Airplane" Mode? Although the icon for that is, unsurprisingly, a picture of an Airplane! You cannot access the internet at all in this mode.

Strange; but solved, so great!

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.