Continuing a thread

Reaction score
I've been told that it is NOT polite to start a new thread for the same topic. But, I do NOT know how to continue a thread. Bare with me, please. I'm new to all of this. So, please tell me how to continue a thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I've been told that it is NOT polite to start a new thread for the same topic. But, I do NOT know how to continue a thread. Bare with me, please. I'm new to all of this. So, please tell me how to continue a thread.

YES - I saw Jake's response to your second thread on the same issue, i.e. transferring files from a USB flash drive - by opening new threads on the same topic, the discussion is fragmented and the conversation confusing - always reply to your original thread which is attached below - to simply reply, open the thread and hit one of the 'Reply' buttons (blue arrows) OR if you want to respond specifically to a post and want to quote that reply, then hit the 'red arrow' choice - hope this helps. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 6.26.17 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And now a third.

As Dave says just use the 'Reply' button on your first thread.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Or just scroll down to the bottom of the thread and you will find a Quick Reply message box is sitting there - just waiting for you to type your response - then click the "Post Quick Reply" button.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks and more help re copying from a flash drive and saving in documents.

Thanks to Jake, RadDave, bobtomay, and Ashwin for their posts. I am learning more about this site. However, due to my inexperience, I tried to copy and paste from my flash drive to documents, but I don't know how to do that. I have copied and pasted before, but not from a flash drive. So, help me, please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
No need to Copy and Paste, just drag and drop from the flash drive to where you want to.

M

MacInWin

To add to what MightyGem said, if you want to copy/paste, it works just like copy/paste from anywhere else. The fact that it's a flash drive has just about zero impact. Highlight the file, select Copy, go to where you want it, select Paste.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks to Jake, RadDave, bobtomay, and Ashwin for their posts. I am learning more about this site. However, due to my inexperience, I tried to copy and paste from my flash drive to documents, but I don't know how to do that. I have copied and pasted before, but not from a flash drive. So, help me, please.

Hi JoCM - although you've received the usual excellent advice, I'm not sure if your question above refers to using the forum and replying to a post as asked originally, or whether you are simply asking how to transfer a file(s) from a flash drive into a folder on the HD (or SSD) of your computer - please clarify?

BUT, if your question is the latter, then take a look at the screen capture below; I plugged in one of my USB drives (red arrow) and opened its contents in the right window of Finder; the left window are the folders on my MBPro's SSD - using the trackpad or a mouse, simply click on the file your want to copy and drag to the folder desired (e.g. as shown w/ the blue arrow); if you want to copy multiple files, simply select the ones wanted and drag one over - all will move together. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 4.11.44 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.