Greetings all

Reaction score
New to the forums and MAC. I've had a iPad for a few years but have been a Windows guy for years and am an active Windows C# / Dot Net programmer.

I have to tell you though that I am just sick of Windows updates, malware, viruses and all the other crap that goes along with it.

I bought a Macbook Air last fall and LOVE it. Then I just bought a new 2015 Macbook Pro 13" Retina and gave my wife the AIR.

They just work! I love the fact that they are Unix based. Hopefully I can make the switch from windows programming to MAC / IOS programming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums to you and your wife.

Well be aware malware is starting to abound on Macs at the present time. Avoid softonic and CNET download, and consider using AdwareMedic, AdBlockPlus and Ghostery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2014 Mac Mini (Base Model, High Sierra); iPad 2018 (Latest iOS); iPhone 7 (Latest iOS)
G'day and welcome to the forums to you and your wife.

Well be aware malware is starting to abound on Macs at the present time. Avoid softonic and CNET download, and consider using AdwareMedic, AdBlockPlus and Ghostery.

Be aware though, using AdBlock Plus and Ghostery is eye opening. Like, I started using both yesterday and the number of ads, and more importantly, trackers, is just flipping staggering. Goodness, why didn't I do such before?

One cool thing though. I also did a scan with Adware Medic and...nothing! After using my mac since the middle of Feb. So that's something (my old Windows 7 machine, God bless it, would have a hundred or so trackers and other nastiness in that amount of time; I had to delete such every two weeks or things would get weird).

P.S. - Welcome to the forum! I'm new to Apple myself (I only owned a VERY old iPod Touch before, and more recently an iPad Mini; thats what finally made me take the plunge on a Mac and then soon after iPhone).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.